The time has finally arrived to send “Sunshine Sherbet” out of state. I have mixed emotions. Happy to have it entered in a national quilt show. A wee bit nervous about it arriving safely.
Prior to shipping, I had final touches (six things) to complete.
- The hanging sleeve had to be redone as the previous sleeve was a bit too tight for the pole. I remeasured my original sleeve opening and was short a good quarter inch. Ugh! It seems I have to do everything over twice.
- Labeling the quilt which I accomplished by embroidering my name, year of completion, and title of quilt.
- Make a label covering for judging purposes.
- Double check for loose threads and remove lint remnants and possible pet hairs from my sleepy helper.
- Wrap and pack per show requirements.
Off to my local UPS store. Cost to ship with insurance was a surprising $34!Phew! The next time I see Sunshine Sherbet will hopefully be sometime next week hanging up in a convention hall in Columbus, Ohio. Stay tuned for my first out-of-state quilt adventure.